Metal roofing is the latest trend that many homeowners are turning to, and it is for a good reason. Metal roofs are more durable than the asphalt alternatives, and it is also environmentally friendly. With these benefits, and the wide variety of choices available for those that are concerned about the aesthetics of their roofs, metal roofing is becoming a wise and popular choice.
Durability Benefits of Metal Roofs
If you choose to install metal shingles for your home, you will experience the following benefits:
- At minimum, mental shingles will last 20-30 years, depending upon the grade of roofing selected. The warranty itself on a metal roof ranges from 20-50 years.
- Coatings applied to metal roofing, if selected specifically for an environment, can provide greater lasting properties.
- Metal roofs are resistant to various weather conditions, including hail, wind, fire, spark and snow resistant. Although snow is not a factor in the Australian environment, another feature is that metal roofing sheds snow.
- Maintenance of metal roofs is rarely required until it comes time to replace it.
Environmental Benefits of Metal Roofs
Metal roofs are environmentally friendly, which is a major benefit for individual homeowners and property managers. The environmental benefits of mental roofs apply because:
- Metal shingles are made almost entirely out of recycled materials.
- The level of insulation offered by metal roof can ultimately help reduce energy consumption.
- The infrequent maintenance required with this type of roof means that there is less waste produced.
The process of installing a metal roof is unique, so the above benefits only apply when professional roofing services are used.